Townsville Day Surgery is committed to providing a caring and quality service to the Townsville and North Queensland Community. As part of this commitment we encourage individuals and community representatives to partner with us, and join our Community Advisory Group. This Group (the CAG) meets approximately four times per year, with representatives from the Townsville Day Surgery Executive and Nursing Staff, to provide patient perspective and input in relation to Quality Improvements, Patient Information Documents and a wide range of issues related to Safe, Quality Patient Care.
If you have an interest in actively participating in the improvement of private health care in your region and feel you are able to represent a sector of your community, please do the following:
- Complete the CAG Member Application Form
- Provide a current resume or brief outline of your relevant experience. This may be “life experience” or previous experience in the health care system.
- Disclosure of any matters that may conflict or restrict you from performing the CAG member role fairly, competently and independently.
- The names and contact details of two referees, and forward to:
Townsville Day Surgery
1 Martinez Avenue
West End Qld 4810 Or email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Group will meet 3 to 4 times per year.
The Group has a consultative role in areas such as:
- Developing Patient Information documents
- Introducing new procedures
- Evaluating relevant audit data and trends
- Assessing Patient Complaints and Surveys
Members of the Group will be notified of meetings at least 2 weeks’ prior. Term of Office is one year, with the option to apply for re-selection at the end of such term.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please notify us immediately if you have recently returned from overseas/interstate travel or had contact with a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the last 14 days.
Please DO NOT enter the Townsville Day Surgery premises if you are unwell, have a temperature, cough or cold. Where possible, pre-admission forms can be completed online via the “pre-admit” link.